Yes! You can save money while travelling! Just look at how much money you’ve saved with your free Transfercar rental. And then follow these rules and you’ll save even more money…
Most travellers spend way too much money on drive-thru food. Not only is it expensive, but it’s going to make you feel tired and sluggish, two things you don’t want to feel while driving a Transfercar! Bring a cooler with you so that you can make grocery runs along your trip. Bring the necessary cutlery and treat yourself to nice cheeses, salamis and breads while you’re on the road, instead of spending your money on average food from diners on route. If you’re absolutely desperate for a cooked meal, veer off the main road and into small towns for cheaper, and often better, meals.
Snacks are an absolute killer on road trips, especially when you’re stopping for gas. Before you leave town, pack your car with snacks from the grocery store. You can easily make your own treats and store them in your cooler. Fruit stands on the side of the road are always great in summer, too.
- Following a few simple gas-saving tips can help you save a lot of road trip money:
- Turn off the AC: just open the window!
- Ease off the pedal well before a stop sign and coast to a stop; take off in a mellow manner. Burning rubber burns gas needlessly.
- Inflate tires to close to max — carry a teeny tire gauge and read the tire’s side.
- Avoid cruise control.
- Don’t speed. Wastes gas and one ticket can destroy a summer road trip budget.
- A prepaid credit card can help to keep you within your budget. Just make sure it doesn’t have excessive fees associated with it.
- To avoid going into debt, save money with a detailed budget for what you’ll spend on lodging, meals, activities and gas.
- Carry some cash with you in case you need it.
- Limit your time away to less than 10 days.
- Pack the right necessities.
- Book accommodation in advance.
- Book a free Transfercar rental car.
We don’t want to toot our own horns, but travelling with a free rental car is obviously going to save you more money that paying for one. Also, if you’re looking for an even cheaper trip, why not rent an RV or campervan, thus eliminating the need to pay for exorbitant hotel rooms especially if you’re travelling as a family?! And with the introduction of payment platforms like Flexipay, it has only gotten easier paying. Some of our deals even come with ferries and a free tank of fuel, which means you save even more money! I know it sounds too good to be true, but thousands of travellers all over the world have cracked onto our services, saving money as they ride with us, and making their trips last longer. If you haven’t registered, you’re not saving money. So get amongst it. And let’s hit the road.
And my last great advise: read how to choose banks with the best free checking! Believe me, it is also very important to know where to open account and what benefits some banks have compared to others.